Кругосветка 2006
In the country of descendants of Genghis Khan

In the country of descendants of Genghis Khan

2006 год (Китай–Лаос–Вьетнам–Мьянма–Таиланд–Малайзия–Индонезия–Австралия–Новая Зеландия–Австралия–Япония–Корея–Россия (Владивосток)–Монголия–Россия)

2006 год

Here it is-the 52nd country on my round-the-world route. The mind boggles, I can see now! A bit looking ahead, I will say that from Mongolia, frankly speaking, I did not expect anything stunning, but it turned out just the opposite. After Laos and Indonesia, I boldly put Mongolia on the 3rd place-as a country and its people who have made a lasting impression on me! Already at the entrance to the country, the Mongols met me as a brother. I am surprised at the mentality of the people of the above-mentioned countries, when, sacrificing their time, they with a genuine desire, without requiring any material reward, give me every support to solve biker problems. And all this happens at different levels-from the chief to the simple worker!

With all the border turmoil, the head of the Outpost personally met me, took the time to talk with me and helped me to solve all the small problems. I will say more, in the end we became friends and still keep in touch online and by phone. It all started with the fact that right on the border I wanted to take a picture near a sign that says “Mongolia”, and my soldiers say is impossible – the authorities prohibit. I went to the Colonel, had met. His name is Temujin. Named so in honor of the famous Genghis Khan, and, in fact, his family belongs to the branch of Genghis Khan. It’s cool, I say, to be Minister to you in the years to come. He answered smiling, says that it is necessary to prove their professional skills, and only then will the posts. Modest, well, that’s good. The border was closed, and Temujin invited me for a Cup of tea. Acquainted with the family. Were photographed, and I went to the city of Suhe-Bator (it is kilometers in 20 from border) that there to spend the night in any hotel. Here on the border bought a phone SIM card, and all his family and friends reported that I am already in another country – in Mongolia. And, of course, I looked at my diary entries, where I have readers ‘ tasks – for their performance in the coming days.

And here I want to say a few words about Mongolia. This is a huge country! By area, it enters into the twenty of the largest countries in the world. But the population is small, only two and a half million. 90% of them are Mongols (they preach Buddhism), the remaining 10% are Kazakh Muslims, Chinese and Russians. It is very convenient to communicate, many speak Russian or Kazakh. Local money-tug, but in large stores you can pay us dollars and Russian rubles. Bank cards such as MasterCard and Visa are accepted only in large supermarkets. But at the gas stations I have never been able to use them. Well, what else? Of course, Mongolia is famous for its steppes and deserts. In the North there are taiga forests (from Altai), forest steppes and the famous Gobi desert. The capital – Ulan Bator, the only major city in the country. Other cities such as Darkhan or Sukhbaatar are very small. In General, the main population lives in steppes and deserts, leading a nomadic way of life. Usually it is loaded on the camels their lungs felt houses and move to a place where rich pastures. The number of horses per person in Mongolia is the largest in the world (3 horses per 1 Mongol). Think, friends, that now you have some idea about the country, about the kitchen I’ll tell you later, but for now we go on…

Moving in the direction of Ulan Bator, I remembered temudzhin’s parting words-that on the road accidents often occur because of animals – camels, sheep, horses and cows grazing along the roads. I mean, the first day I saw Toyota hit the RAM. Well, I’m on the road often come across hedgehogs. I had to stop to get them out of the way. Yes, the most interesting: the road on which I went was paid. After 100 km made “bumps”, are primitive gates and the policeman who takes 500 francs per machine.